The Hearing Clinic & Upper Canada Hearing & Speech Centre COVID–19 Statement
We are closely monitoring the risks associated with the coronavirus (COVID-19), and we are taking the responsible and necessary precautionary measures to protect the health and well-being of our employees, customers and other stakeholders. We continue to closely monitor and gather data on this rapidly changing situation from official sources such as The World Health Organization (WHO), Health Canada and the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- World Health Organization
- Health Canada
- US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
All of our staff are following these precautions, and we encourage you to as well:
- Be vigilant with hygiene practices: wash hands frequently, cover coughs or sneezes, frequently clean and disinfect shared and frequently touched objects and surfaces, avoid contact with sick people.
Our employees have been instructed to stay home if they are feeling unwell.
- Our employees have been given instructions if they have recently returned from travel abroad, including to selfisolate if they are returning from a designated COVID-19 affected area (we do not currently have anyone in this situation)
- For everyone’s comfort, we are requiring that our employees practice Social Distancing and have implemented.“handshake-free” zones at all meetings and gatherings. Please expect alternate forms of greetings from our staff.
For the health and safety of our customers and employees, we are asking all visitors to any of our locations (e.g., 2636 Eglinton Ave E, 3030 Lawrence Ave E., 6 Rylander Blvd., 9555 Young St. and 679 Davis Dr, Newmarket) to advise our staff (i.e., the person you have been dealing with or the location’s receptionist) with a phone call or email if they meet any of the following, commonly cited conditions.
- Have you or anyone in your household returned from any of the following countries within the last 14 days: China, Iran, Italy, South Korea, France, Germany, Japan or Spain?
- Have you had close contact with or cared for someone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days?
- Have you experienced any cold- or flu-like symptoms in the last 14 days? (including fever, cough, sore throat, respiratory illness, difficulty breathing) or do you have any underlying medical conditions?
Anyone who answers “yes” to these questions is asked to contact or staff immediately so that we can discuss alternate arrangements for your upcoming appointments.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to provide you with the best hearing healthcare experience while maintaining a safe environment.